Terms of Agreement
The Connector Plus is run by a private non-profit organization (Face It Foundation) which reserves the right to censor, remove and ban any individuals that do not uphold the rules and regulations that have been listed and agreed upon by users or do not otherwise participate in a respectful manner.
- The following is an example of discouraged types of discussion while on the Connector Plus:
- Sexual conversation
- Racism / Anti-Semitism/ Hate
- Disrespectful discussion of culture or Nationality
- Glorification of Alcohol / Drugs or Suicide
- Foul language
- Illegal activity
- The Connector Plus is not a crisis intervention program. If you are feeling suicidal or having thoughts of harming yourself you should call 911, present yourself to an emergency room, or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- The Connector Plus is not a counseling service.
- The peers on the Connector Plus are not providing support as mental health or medical professionals and their primary purpose is to provide peer support to other men suffering from depression by relating and sharing their experiences with depression.
- The Connector Plus is for educational and informational purposes only. All information relayed on this site is not a substitute for a diagnosis for mental illness. A diagnosis for mental illness can only be made by a clinical evaluation from a healthcare professional.
- The Connector Plus and volunteers do not endorse one treatment approach over another for the management of depression. The peer volunteers are trained to share their experiences with depression treatment whether that included the use of antidepressants, counseling, diet, exercise, peer support, or other evidence-based treatments for depression.
- With your participation with the Connector Plus, you agree that the Connector Plus, Face It Foundation and peer volunteers accept no responsibility for the opinions expressed or actions taken by the volunteers staffing the Connector Plus; and that the Connector Plus, Face It Foundation and volunteers will not be liable for how you or anyone else reacts to any content found on the Connector Plus or Face It Foundation website, its chats, telephone calls or any external links this website hosts.
- Your use of the Connector Plus and any resulting communications will be completely at your own risk with no liability to Face It Foundation or Connector Plus.
- Although we are doing our best to provide available peers, the Connector Plus is not available every day.
The Connector Plus respects the privacy rights of its visitors and recognizes the great importance of protecting your information as confidential. It is core to what we do.
The Connector Plus will not reach out or contact you without your permission. The Connector Plus will not share your information with third parties other than its technology partners for the purposes of supporting our website.
Although it is our policy to not disclose your personal information, in the event that you provide personal information regarding your location (such as a phone number or address) to a peer volunteer and the volunteer believes you are in imminent danger or hurting yourself or others, we may attempt to dispatch emergency professionals to come to your aid. The dispatch of any such emergency aid shall not be responsibility of the Connector Plus or the Face It Foundation; and neither shall be in any way liable for attempting to dispatch or not attempting to dispatch emergency aid.